- How do I donate via cheque?
- Can I make a bank transfer?
- How will my donation help?
- What is Gift Aid?
- What we need to claim Gift Aid
- What should I do if I have a complaint?
- How do I contact your Fundraising team?
How do I donate via cheque?
Please send your cheque payable to ‘MapAction’ to the following address:MapAction – Fundraising team
1-2 Seymour Business Park
Can I make a bank transfer?
Yes! Please transfer your donation with a clear reference line to the following bank account:
- CAF Bank
- Account name: MapAction
- Sort code: 40-52-40
- Account number: 00018927
How will my donation help?
Your donation will help MapAction deliver its humanitarian mapping service. Unless you have specified a restriction on how the donation can be used, it will be channelled into our core funds which underpin the running of our charity. In 2015 60% of our expenditure was spent on disaster response; 14% on preparedness activities; 12% on external training and 12% on generating new income.
For every £1 spent on fundraising in 2015, we generated over £10 in grants and donations.
What is Gift Aid?
Gift Aid is a scheme that allows charities to reclaim tax on a donation made by a UK taxpayer, which means your donations will be worth 25% more to us at no extra cost to you. If you Gift Aid your donations we can claim back from the government 25p for every £1 you donate to MapAction.
What we need to claim Gift Aid
For MapAction to be able to claim Gift Aid on your donation, we (and HMRC) require the following information:
- Your full name and home address
- A personal donation – the money must be your own. We can’t claim Gift Aid on donations from company accounts.
- For you to be paying income tax or capital gains tax which at least equals the amount MapAction will claim in the appropriate tax year (6 April one year to 5 April the next). This is currently 25p for every £1 you give.
- Using a declaration form, we can claim Gift Aid on all your donations in the last four years and all future donations.
- Once you have become a Gift Aid donor, please let us know if you stop paying tax or if you change your name/address so that we can update our records
What should I do if I have a complaint?
As an organisation registered with the Fundraising Regulator, we are committed to best practice and we take all complaints seriously. MapAction wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for our wonderful supporters, so it is important to us that we get it right whenever we can and learn (and apologise) when we get it wrong.
Please direct any complaint about our fundraising activity to the Fundraising team. We will ensure we treat all complaints politely, fairly and in confidence. Please see our Fundraising Complaints Procedure for more information.
How do I contact your Fundraising team?
Please drop us a line on +44 (0) 1494 56 88 99 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.