- How do I donate via cheque?
- Can I make a bank transfer?
- How will my donation help?
- What is Gift Aid?
- What we need to claim Gift Aid
- How do I contact your Fundraising team?
How do I donate via cheque?
Please send your cheque payable to ‘MapAction’ to the following address:MapAction – Fundraising team The Clare Charity Centre
Can I make a bank transfer?
Yes! Please transfer your donation with a clear reference line to the following bank account:
- CAF Bank
- Account name: MapAction
- Sort code: 40-52-40
- Account number: 00018927
How will my donation help?
Your donation will help MapAction deliver its humanitarian mapping service. Unless you have specified a restriction on how the donation can be used, it will be channelled into our core funds which underpin the running of our charity. In 2015 60% of our expenditure was spent on disaster response; 14% on preparedness activities; 12% on external training and 12% on generating new income.
For every £1 spent on fundraising in 2015, we generated over £10 in grants and donations.
What is Gift Aid?
Gift Aid is a scheme that allows charities to reclaim tax on a donation made by a UK taxpayer, which means your donations will be worth 25% more to us at no extra cost to you. If you Gift Aid your donations we can claim back from the government 25p for every £1 you donate to MapAction.
What we need to claim Gift Aid
For MapAction to be able to claim Gift Aid on your donation, we (and HMRC) require the following information:
- Your full name and home address
- A personal donation – the money must be your own. We can’t claim Gift Aid on donations from company accounts.
- For you to be paying income tax or capital gains tax which at least equals the amount MapAction will claim in the appropriate tax year (6 April one year to 5 April the next). This is currently 25p for every £1 you give.
- Using a declaration form, we can claim Gift Aid on all your donations in the last four years and all future donations.
- Once you have become a Gift Aid donor, please let us know if you stop paying tax or if you change your name/address so that we can update our records
How do I contact your Fundraising team?
Please drop us a line on +44 (0) 1494 56 88 99 or email: email@example.com.